- Remove jewellery when washing your hands, taking a shower or going to bed. Store items carefully and when travelling, use a jewellery case.
- Clean your horn items in lukewarm running water without soap or solvents. Dry off the items directly.
- Never clean horn items in a dish washer.
- Never soak horn item in a tub. You may dip the items in cold or lukewarm water, but no more than that. Dry off the items directly. Never use hot water.
- Never allow your horn items to sit for prolonged periods in fluids, e.g. jams, salads, or dressings.
- Avoid leaving horn items in direct sunlight or near heat sources.
- Old heirloom horn items like old tablespoons etc. should be given a light coating of oil from time to time to prevent them from drying out.
Hornvarefabrikken is the only company in Denmark producing arts and crafts made out of horn. Established in Bøvlingbjerg in 1935 the company continues to produce new pieces to hone their craft and diversify their collection. The horn used is a byproduct of the meat industry and sourced solely from farms in Africa.
Each piece from the range is cut, shaped and polished to create a unique and elegant utensil.