- Remove jewellery when washing your hands, taking a shower or going to bed. Store items carefully and when travelling, use a jewellery case.
- Clean your horn items in lukewarm running water without soap or solvents. Dry off the items directly.
- Never clean horn items in a dish washer.
- Never soak horn item in a tub. You may dip the items in cold or lukewarm water, but no more than that. Dry off the items directly. Never use hot water.
- Never allow your horn items to sit for prolonged periods in fluids, e.g. jams, salads, or dressings.
- Avoid leaving horn items in direct sunlight or near heat sources.
- Old heirloom horn items like old tablespoons etc. should be given a light coating of oil from time to time to prevent them from drying out.
Founded in 1953, Hornvarefabrikken is a Danish based brand specialising in hornwares. Similar to leather, horn is a by-product of the meat industry, yet it is often discarded. The company source their horn from Nigeria, Africa, creating an additional source of income for cattle farmers. Horn is 100% biodegradable, making it a sustainable alternative to plastic for homewares and jewellery.
Delivery & Returns
Orders over £1,500 are delivered free of charge (excluding ex-display and clearance). Delivery charges for orders under £1,500 are calculated at checkout.
SCP ship to customers worldwide, unfortunately, this service is currently unavailable online. If you require an international shipment, please email email@example.com or call +44(0) 207 739 1869.
Click & Collect
Choose the click and collect option in the check-out process to collect from our Curtain Road store free of charge.
Full Delivery Policy